Excalibur food dehydrators let you create nutritious dried foods in your own kitchen. Dehydration is a great way to preserve dried fruit for snacks, jerky for camping, or a mix of vegetables for winter soups. Different sizes and styles of food dehydrators let you choose the one that is right for you.How do dehydrators work and what are they made of?
- Excalibur 3948CDB Review. Other Excalibur dehydrators. Being one of the important instructions. The Excalibur 3948CDB 9-Tray Food Dehydrator is.
- Dehydrators for raw food dehydration! Here at Excalibur, the Science and Technology of Dehydration is our Main Business. We are the world leaders when it comes to food dehydration technology for home and commercial use.
- Browse our free downloads and recommended books for using your food dehydrator including food dehydrator recipes and reviews.
- Excalibur - 9-Tray Food Dehydrator in Black - Offers 9 trays and 15 sq. Of drying space. Trays do not need to be moved or rotated during operation. Adjustable thermostat.
Dehydrators dry food with hot air. Foods are sliced thin and put on trays, and hot air is blown across the trays to draw out the moisture. A fan keeps air circulating during the drying process.
The Excalibur 9-Tray Economy Dehydrator provides 15 sq. Of drying space making this the biggest and best there is. Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska.
Excalibur makes some of their products out of plastic and some out of stainless steel. Both the outer cases and the trays may be made of either material, depending on the model. All the plastic trays are BPA-free.What is the capacity of an Excalibur food dehydrator?
Excalibur offers two styles of dehydrator: a rectangular style with pull-out trays and a more rounded style with stacking trays. They have from four to 10 trays each, depending on the model.
Four-tray models have four square feet of tray space, while 10-tray models have 16 square feet. The nine-tray models and other sizes fall in between. Slices of food must not overlap on the trays, so you need to calculate capacity based on single layers.What is the difference between different models of Excalibur dehydrators?
Food dehydrators are relatively simple appliances, so the difference between the models are mainly in relation to power and convenience.
Excalibur Dehydrator Machine
- Power: Dehydrators range from 220 watts to 600 watts. The power level is generally linked to the size of the appliance.
- Temperature range: All the food dehydrators by Excalibur top out at 165 degrees. Some have a lower temperature limit of 105, while others go as low as 85.
- Automatic timers: Some dehydrator models have automatic timers while others do not. Of the models that do, some have one timer, and some have two. Having two lets you begin at a higher temperature then switch to a lower, with a time set for each.
Excalibur Dehydrator Manual For 9 Tray 3526 TWhat are drying sheets for?
The trays that come with Excalibur dehydrators are mesh. This works well for solid foods, like slices of fruit or meat. There are other things you may want to preserve that would fall or drip through the mesh. This is what the solid drying sheets are for.
The sheets are nonstick. They let you dehydrate things like finely minced vegetables and delicate herbs. They are also essential for fruit leathers, which are made from pureed fruits.